Media analysis provides an arsenal of tools that are essential to the evaluation of traditional and social media coverage, allowing you to:
- collect comprehensive data to make your communications more effective and optimize your PR strategy;
- assess user engagement and your media presence, and see if you’ve achieved the targets for your media image;
- evaluate the effectiveness of your PR efforts; and
- keep track of your competition’s communication activities.
PR News is the only Russian member of two international media monitoring and evaluation associations, FIBEP and AMEC, and as such, we are committed to following international standards in every area.
Based on international experience and practices, we created our own system for media monitoring and analysis. For analysis, we combine it with online databases provided by partners, specialty software and manual methods. Tools, techniques and methods are selected for each project individually, depending on the client’s needs, budget and timeline.
PR News offers the following media analysis services:
- Competition analysis – we search for all mentions of your competition in the media, analyze trends and specific details, and identify their strengths and weaknesses compared to you. This allows you to learn from the mistakes of others and be unique.
- Media image analysis helps you understand what kind of media presence you have, how effective your PR efforts are, what adjustments you can and need to make.
- Media environment analysis identifies the stakeholders that your company and/or brand is mentioned along with in the media, enabling you to find potential partners and see what interested parties think about your company and/or brand.
- Risk analysis – it is not about monitoring crises that are happing now, but taking a good look at adverse situations in the past to enable you to handle future incidents more effectively, manage risks better and control the media situation.
- Social media audit helps you track key trends and reputational risks, identify platforms best suited to your needs, scout bloggers for collaboration, and review your PR and marketing campaigns.
- PR campaign analysis helps you see how effective your PR campaign has been and whether it achieved its goals promoting a speaker through an event, communicating your messages to audiences, boosting brand recognition, etc.
In addition to quantitative data, each of the above also provides you with a trove of useful qualitative information, including insights, conclusions and practical recommendations on your information policies, to help you track KPIs on a regular basis, make adjustments to your communication strategy as needed, avoid mistakes and optimize your budget in the future.